We’re Progress – we offer the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Principal Technical Program Manager in our Core C (Chef) Product Group.
In this role, you will be working closely with the Core C (Chef) Product and Engineering teams to ensure there is full alignment on strategy, goals, and milestones. You will be helping define program scope, create integrated plans, identify, and track dependencies and risks. You will be proactively working with others to drive day-to-day program activities, development planning, execution, and risk assessments to meet overall program objectives for development projects.
What you will do in this role:
- Work with Product and Engineering leadership to identify & build strategic initiatives that span across a cross-functional organization
- Manage programs involving multiple corporate functions to deliver products or services to external customers
- Work with senior management and business partners to determine success criteria for program delivery
- Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of all commitments made relative to delivery, quality, and the required business metrics
- Plan, direct, and track program schedules
- Manage and resolve issues across multiple teams and organizations to ensure successful program delivery
- Communicate the status of programs and issues.
- Become an expert on Progress’ Product Planning & Delivery process; train new team members or team members who are new to the process.
- Recommend process improvements to ensure successful program delivery
- Lead Data Analytics team to help Product and Engineering teams make data-driven decision making
Experience & Education:
- 10+ years of Program management experience in Software Development, with a proven track record in coordinating sophisticated development cycles and schedules
- Experience as a ScrumMaster
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or technical discipline is desirable
- Worked in a global organization with teams across the geographies
- Ability to balance multiple projects or programs at a time
- Ability to communicate ideas and information both verbally and in writing
- Fundamental knowledge of Software development processes and procedures
- Knowledge of Agile principles and practices
- Understanding of incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Facilitation/mediation skills so you can reconcile multiple points of view, work through conflicts and productively find a way forward
- Presentation skills
What we offer:
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their careers, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our workforce. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!