We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Technical Product Marketing Manager for our Chef product group.
Progress Software’s Chef business is looking for a Technical Product Marketing Manager to play a lead role telling our story to the technical practitioner audience. Chef, a pioneer in the DevSecOps space, was acquired by Progress in October of 2020 and we are excited to continue building market momentum.
The Technical Product Marketing Manager is the technical lead for the Product Marketing team, responsible for technical writing, demo development, practitioner-focused campaigns, presentations, and more across the entire Chef portfolio. The role is a great fit for sales engineers and technologists looking to broaden their marketing skills and help define the way our products are positioned and sold. You will work to understand the target audience and their pain points, then link Chef’s unique value proposition and competitive differentiators to position us for market growth.
- Lead efforts to market to technical practitioners by deeply understanding their needs and use cases as well as Chef products and technology
- Create and deliver product demos to illustrate Chef capabilities, differentiators, and benefits for practitioners
- Create technical product marketing materials, including videos, white papers, presentations, web content, and more
- Present in webinars and other public event forums to evangelize Chef product capabilities and customer value
- Conduct sales enablement sessions to help field teams understand Chef technology and how to position it effectively with prospects and customers
- Contribute to marketing strategy and messaging, and help maintain technical accuracy of marketing messages
- Work with customers and partners to understand their needs and illustrate product capabilities and value
- Build and maintain a strong collaborative partnership with product management, engineering, sales, marketing, and other functions across the business
- Demonstrated experience in technical product marketing, technical product management, sales engineering, or similar roles
- Hands on experience working with Chef products (a plus) or other DevOps tools
- Experience in enterprise software markets, ideally those serving IT Operations, Information Security, or Application teams
- Familiarity with DevOps, configuration management, continuous delivery, test-driven development, information security and compliance standards, and the container ecosystem
- Excellent technical skills
- Strong verbal communication skills, including an engaging presentation style
- Strong written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to generate easy to understand technical content that produces results
- An ability to collaborate effectively across functions and organizations
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Together, we make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!