We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins.
The Technical Marketer is the conduit that connects Progress to the communities and developers who love the tool as much as we do. They are passionate advocates for our technologies and vocal activists for our users.
The Technical Marketer must be able to talk intelligently and enthusiastically about debugging, mocking and testing to developers, developer managers, and executives alike; moving effortlessly between technical details and product strategy. They are experts in their technical field of focus, have a keen understanding and experience with marketing functions, and are masters of content creation. The Technical Marketer should be an energetic, strategic thinker with a bias towards action and results will enjoy a successful career. He/she will be passionate about spending time in the market to understand its problems and find innovative solutions for the broader markets that Progress intends to capture. They will be an energetic, strategic thinker with a bias towards action and results.
What you'll do
- Define and manage go-to-market strategy and plans, personas, positioning, launch strategy, PR, sales and partner materials
- Owning our personas and messaging – be the voice of the customer, constantly communicate with clients and shape up the personas and messaging
- Drive our content strategy for educating the market and acquiring new business.
- Partner closely with Sales team, drive sales enablement approach and create enablement content that will have a impact on bookings.
- Conduct regular market research and define market sizing.
- Gather and own competitor intelligence and leverage that for our campaigns.
- Deliver articulate, effective, and entertaining written/video/livestreamed content for a developer audience
- Create technically oriented presentations for in-person or online delivery, including slides, demos and sharable code
- Become a trusted and recognized technical thought leader for customers, partners, and prospects
- Enable customer success by building sample projects that help illustrate how to Progress products can be used to accomplish specific tasks
- Champion Fiddler products and the Progress brand in various developer communities
- Advocate for developers internally and provide early feedback to engineering regarding inside industry information and real-world product use
- Engage with the Fiddler community frequently to build relationships and maintain relationships with industry influencers and active customers
- Establish a cross-functional relationship with engineering, marketing, and other functions within the business to collaborate on projects and deliverables
- Extensive experience in the enterprise software industry
- Demonstrated talent and appreciation for both qualitative and quantitative research and creating recommendations, strategies, and outputs based on that research.
- Must be willing to travel to industry events to deliver presentations and support onsite marketing activities (25% travel expected – post-pandemic)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, marketing OR equivalent practical experience
- Experience with or the willingness to learn go-to-market planning
- Understanding of fundamental programming concepts, with 3 to 5 years of recent development experience
- Experience working with Fiddler is a plus
- Experience in crafting both value-based and feature-focused messaging for multiple audiences.
- Create presentations, web pages, brochures, digital and offline marketing collateral, sales enablement tools and other materials tailored to resonate with multiple personas.
- Passion for debugging, mocking and API testing
- Experience presenting at tech conferences/hackathons/meetups, or a willingness to learn
- Experience writing technical articles or blogs targeted at developers
- Contributor to open source projects is a plus
What we offer in return is the opportunity to elevate your game and to also enjoy:Compensation
- Possess unparalleled written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable working with sales to sell prospects on the benefits of Fiddler
- Comfortable moving quickly between tasks without sacrificing productivity
- Self-motivated and able to be successful in an environment with minimal oversight
- Excellent communication, decision making, and prioritization capabilities
- Outcome oriented and data driven
- Proven success in fast-paced, global environments.
Vacation, Family, and Health
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Аnd even more perks:
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones onsite
And most importantly a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!
- Flexible working hours and generous work-from-home allowance
- Free underground parking with a designated space for bikes and electric scooters
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!