We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Technical Marketer for our Fiddler product group in your home office on the East Coast United States.JOB SUMMARY:
The Technical Marketer is the conduit that connects Progress to the communities and developers who love the tool as much as we do. They are passionate advocates for our technologies and vocal activists for our users.
Unlike a traditional advocacy role, the Technical Marketer is responsible for a combination of both traditional developer advocacy activities and directing/setting foundational marketing tactics. The ideal candidate will have a growth mindset with the desire to move quickly and collaboratively with a cross-functional team.
The Technical Marketer would be a member of both the Developer Relations team and the core Fiddler team. At Progress, the Developer Relations team connects our sales, marketing, and engineering teams to the developer community. We directly support and encourage developers who build, test and deploy apps using our tools. A Technical Marketer at Progress is an engaged evangelist of our products and services, as well as a voice for the developer within our company. They possess a strong blend of technical know-how and marketing hutzpah necessary to strategically and confidently speak at conferences and events, generate written/video/live content, and promote Progress as a whole. They participate in and lead the product’s go-to-market strategy and execution.
The Technical Marketer must be able to talk intelligently and enthusiastically about debugging, mocking and testing to developers, developer managers, and executives alike; moving effortlessly between technical details and product strategy. They are experts in their technical field of focus, have a keen understanding and experience with marketing functions, and are masters of content creation. The Technical Marketer should be an energetic, strategic thinker with a bias towards action and results will enjoy a successful career. He/she will be passionate about spending time in the market to understand its problems and find innovative solutions for the broader markets that Progress intends to capture. They will be an energetic, strategic thinker with a bias towards action and results.WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Define and manage go-to-market strategy and plans, personas, positioning, launch strategy, PR, sales and partner materials
- Owning our personas and messaging – be the voice of the customer, constantly communicate with clients and shape up the personas and messaging
- Drive our content strategy for educating the market and acquiring new business.
- Partner closely with Sales team, drive sales enablement approach and create enablement content that will have a impact on bookings.
- Conduct regular market research and define market sizing.
- Gather and own competitor intelligence and leverage that for our campaigns.
- Deliver articulate, effective, and entertaining written/video/livestreamed content for a developer audience
- Create technically oriented presentations for in-person or online delivery, including slides, demos and sharable code
- Become a trusted and recognized technical thought leader for customers, partners, and prospects
- Enable customer success by building sample projects that help illustrate how to Progress products can be used to accomplish specific tasks
- Champion Fiddler products and the Progress brand in various developer communities
- Advocate for developers internally and provide early feedback to engineering regarding inside industry information and real-world product use
- Engage with the Fiddler community frequently to build relationships and maintain relationships with industry influencers and active customers
- Establish a cross-functional relationship with engineering, marketing, and other functions within the business to collaborate on projects and deliverables
- Extensive experience in the enterprise software industry
- Demonstrated talent and appreciation for both qualitative and quantitative research and creating recommendations, strategies, and outputs based on that research.
- Must be willing to travel to industry events to deliver presentations and support onsite marketing activities (25% travel expected – post-pandemic)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, marketing OR equivalent practical experience
- Experience with or the willingness to learn go-to-market planning
- Understanding of fundamental programming concepts, with 3 to 5 years of recent development experience
- Experience working with Fiddler is a plus
- Experience in crafting both value-based and feature-focused messaging for multiple audiences.
- Create presentations, web pages, brochures, digital and offline marketing collateral, sales enablement tools and other materials tailored to resonate with multiple personas.
- Passion for debugging, mocking and API testing
- Experience presenting at tech conferences/hackathons/meetups, or a willingness to learn
- Experience writing technical articles or blogs targeted at developers
- Contributor to open source projects is a plus
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!