We’re Progress – we offer the best platforms for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build products that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join our Core C/ Chef Product Group us as a Technical Content Developer in Bangalore, India.
In our Core C/ Chef Product Group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practices. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day to have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
- As the Technical Content Lead, you’ll dive deep into our products, code, and services while setting the vision for technical documentation and leading
- Lead and develop a team of technical writers
- Develop a vision for technical documentation and a strategy to implement your vision
- Drive the technical documentation priorities and calendar in coordination with product, engineering, and marketing teams
- Create and socialize a plan for improving the technical documentation information architecture
- Identify opportunities to improve technical content quality, maintainability, and usability
What you'll do:
- You’ll work closely with engineering project teams, support teams, and stakeholders to create and maintain high-quality customer-focused documentation.
- You’ll effectively manage collections and deliver user-oriented documentation.
- You’ll share the work of reviewing and revising documentation submissions.
- You’ll help writers across the company sharpen their skills.
- You love providing excellent written communication. Your background is in Technical Writing, HCI, Library Science, or a similar writing-intensive field and you’ve worked as a writer in a web production environment.
- You love working in a technical environment--you are comfortable with Git and GitHub, command-line Linux, Markdown, Hugo, testing code samples, and you also can pitch in on our docs sites
- You enjoy collaboration. You understand that knowledge is best when shared. You enjoy getting feedback as much as giving it.
- You re inquisitive, tenacious, and have an aptitude for learning new technologies
- You enjoy solving problems together with engineers in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated fluency in English. A IELTS score of 8 and higher, Cambridge English at the C2 level, or an equivalent certificate, degree, or practical experience.
If this sounds like the right career opportunity for you, we’d be happy to talk! What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, casual leave, maternity leave, paternity leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for the employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!