We have an excellent opportunity for an extroverted, high-energy individual who enjoys thinking on their feet and isn’t afraid to talk to developers, marketers and strategic business owners alike, to join us as a Technical Account Manager.
In your role as a Technical Account Manager you will support the Sales team by understanding existing customers applications, architectures and development practices with a view to help them move their applications forward through modernization and the adoption of creative technical trends such as Mobile Development, modern Web User Interfaces, Chatbots, IoT, advanced application architectures and development practices.
Some of the exciting activities you will be dedicated to, include:
- Understanding, documenting and developing strategic plans for our customers' existing applications, architectures and development practices
- Building customized product demonstrations based on specific needs
- Crafting and delivering online webinars and technical blog writing
- Providing technical help to the Sales team and customers throughout the sales cycle
- Identifying customers’ technical challenges and needs to design a customized selling strategy
- Researching and leading responses to Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Products (RFPs).
- Developing internal presentations for enablement for key partners and senior executives
- Working with clients to identify problems and suggest appropriate corrective measures in existing installations, to help identify up-sell and cross-sell opportunities
- Positioning Progress products and services throughout the sales cycle
- Providing customers with up to date information about product roadmaps and working with Product Management to be the "voice of the customer"
- Building your own personal training plan to facilitate ongoing personal growth and professional development
To help you identify if this is the right opportunity for you, please consider the following check-points of the type of persona we’re looking for:
- A degree in Computer Science and/or Business Administration or related field
- Object Oriented Programming experience (in Java or .NET) with a view to cross-train into the Progress flagship OpenEdge platform
- An understanding of Application Architecture and standard development methodologies
- Exposure to emerging technology trends such as Chatbots, AR and IoT
- Previous background in a technical customer-oriented position is required
- Excellent presentation skills and experience in the delivery of complex technical and sales oriented presentations
- Self-driven personality who enjoys working with people
- Excellent English – both spoken and written
If you’re a person who’d like to explore this challenging, combined technical and business role, who loves to have fun while exploring solutions to customer challenges; if you enjoy working in a friendly, knowledge-sharing environment with smart people around you in a company recognized for its state of the art technology, apply now!
Progress is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a versatile environment for all our employees.