We're Progress - we offer the best products to develop, deploy and manage high-impact applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Systems Engineer in Brno.
The focus is on the performance testing of Kemp’s and Flowmon’s products deployed in complex environments as well as defining strategies to improve system capabilities, functionality, stability and customer experience in a holistic fashion. There will be a strong collaboration with Product Management to understand and validate system requirements at a platform level (both hardware and software). The System Engineer will recommend and select systems, document recommended best practices and verify system functionality and performance. This position will act as a vital bridge between the Software Development and Product Management functions within the R&D organization taking a holistic system view of new features, functions and capabilities. What you'll do:
What you'll need:
- Be responsible for designing and executing performances test for Kemp’s and Flowmon’s products (primarily Kemp Load Master, Flowmon Probe, Flowmon Collector – in form of hardware and virtual appliance too).
- Create and analyse of reports from executed performance tests (automated approach is preferred).
- Utilize proven systems and scripting skills to execute on highly complex tasks related to hardware and software technology component analysis, integration, and incident and problem resolution.
- Research and evaluate new technologies, hardware and software products to determine the feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company's products.
- Assist in the formulation and execution of test plans for Proof of Concepts.
- Create and review of quality specifications and technical design. documentation/requirements where applicable, to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Very good experience with IT infrastructure
- In-depth knowledge and experience with all the following: HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, TCP/IP, UDP, VLANs and networking in general, Load-balancing and network performance technologies
- Experience with Virtualization techniques (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Experience and working knowledge of public cloud ( AWS, Azure )
- Experience in Linux/Unix system administration, configuration and troubleshooting of complex networks
- Working knowledge of one or more software programming or scripting languages, ideally Bash/Python
- An appreciation of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Working knowledge of Tools like Jira and Git.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical information into non-technical language for each communication
- An enthusiasm & desire for learning new skills and technologies with the ability to adapt quickly
So, if you can bring relevant experience and show up with enthusiasm, we’d be happy to hear from you.
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with and to also enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
- 25 days paid annual vacation
- Cafeteria Benefit Plus: pension scheme contributions, MultiSport card, discounts in stores, and more
- And many other perks such as meal allowance and language courses