We have an opportunity for a hands-on GL Accounting Supervisor
to lead our Accounting team in Rotterdam and take full ownership of the accounting administration of some of the Progress legal entities in EMEA and/or APJ.
In this role, you will work closely with our Finance support functions - Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll, as well as with the US Finance team.
Your main responsibility will be to ensure the audits of the legal entities in EMEA and APJ are managed and coordinated and that all deliverables are supplied on time. This will require you to work closely with the internal Legal and Tax teams and to also interact with external advisors like auditors and tax advisors.Your focus areas: General Ledger management for some entities including:
- Month, quarter, year-end closing
- Tax fillings: VAT, Income tax, etc.
- Cash management: Citi bank, payment approvals, etc.
- Reviewing invoices entered by AP
- Preparation of financial statements
Coordination of Audits:
- Responsible for the full employee life cycle (i.e. hiring, developing, coaching and firing talent)
- Create a working environment that enables team members to develop and realize their full potential as professionals at Progress
- Understand and navigate all employment laws related to building a healthy and high performing team
- Lead the regional compliance calls
- Attend meetings with the external auditor and tax advisor
- Coordinate the supply of deliverables
To be successful in this role you need to be a coach, setting clear goals and a team player, who actively contributes for achieving these goals, as well as to the overall company success. You shall also possess a mix of characteristics such as responsibility, analytical approach, flexibility, accuracy, discretion, integrity, confidentiality, reliability and pro-activity.
If the above describes you and is fitting your career goals, then we would be happy to hear from you! Apply now!
- A degree in Accounting or Finance
- Solid previous experience in a similar role is required
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
- Broad exposure to all fundamental financial and accounting disciplines including general accounting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), substantive account reconciliations, financial statements and financial software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint required
- Broad exposure to ERP software, Open Accounts an advantage
- Supervises and performs a variety of complicated tasks and can work under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A very good command of English and as a minimum one other European language (Spanish, Portuguese, French, German or Dutch) is required – both fluent spoken and written.
- The skills and attitude to complete/finish multiple tasks on time and with a high quality
- Previous experience in a US headquartered Software Development Company, ideally in a multi-national environment is desired