We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Sr. Services Consultant for our Chef product group.
As a Professional Services (PS) Consultant with us, you will help drive the adoption of Chef products and practices, and enable our customers’ transformation to more agile IT. You need to be a highly experienced practitioner in the area of DevOps, infrastructure, and application automation solutions. Not only are you a Chef domain practitioner, but also a change agent to help customers get better in DevOps, Cloud Native, and effortless infrastructure. You will frequently act as the face of Chef, whether in online communities, with customers, or at conferences and online gatherings and your leading duty will be the completion of both on-site and remote customer projects, including installations, assessments, migrations, consultations, and training.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Provide consulting services in the use of Chef’s products, such as customer installations, cookbook development and usage, and development of custom code for customer migration or implementation.
- Train groups and individuals on how to use Chef products for IT automation, configuration management, and continuous delivery
- Collaborate with internal teams to provide technical assistance and content where applicable
- Document services provided as to make such services more efficient in the future.
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering/administration or software development
- Experience in design and implementation of Chef or similar solutions
- Experience in the design and implementation of DevOps and automated configuration management tools and principles.
- Experience as a consultant or in professional services is preferred
- Ability to work directly with customers, and with a commitment to their success
- Demonstrably superb verbal communications skills, including a compelling and engaging presentation style that exudes confidence — significant training experience a huge plus
- Experience in dynamic / scripting programming languages and Infrastructure Automation tools. Experience in training others in complex tasks and skills
- Existing involvement in the Chef community is a bonus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a similar field/experience
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.