Job Title Sr. Data Warehouse Consultant
About The Team:
Progress BravePoint Inc., an established leader in the Progress community, is a longstanding provider of business intelligence solutions. We have an immediate opening for a Sr. Data Warehouse Consultant. Candidates must have strong architecture and design experience on Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence implementations, who can deliver functional and technical consulting services.
About the Job:
Perform functional and technical consulting for Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence engagements. Typical tasks include gathering and analyzing business requirements, designing and developing data integration solutions, extending data warehouse models, and developing trusted relationships with client staff.
Mandatory Skills / Experience
- Strong understanding of source data analysis, defining data granularity, and data element mapping.
- SSIS is a mandatory skill.
- Strong expertise in architecting data models. This requires strong experience in relational modeling (star schemas and snow flaking)
- Strong expertise in architecting and developing data integration solutions. Preferably ETL solutions for PDI (Pentaho Data Integration) and/or SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) but open to comparable technologies.
- Strong database experience including SQL, stored procedures, and performance tuning
- Ability to operate independently while providing quality work products
- Ability to successfully meet engagement timelines while adhering to best practices
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Science, or related field
Additional Skills / Experience
- 8-10 years of Consulting experience.
- Working knowledge of database development/administration. Preferably SQL Server and/or PROGRESS but open to comparable technologies.
- C# Scripting for ETL
- Remote Work: No (only local candidates)
- Third Parties: No
- Telecommute: No
- Travel Availability: 25%
Today’s digital business reality demands new approaches and ideas. At the core of Progress is a single-minded determination to help businesses exceed the expectations of their customers. We don’t just build software, services and solutions. We create momentum. We spur success. We enable companies to deliver on their own promises. We triumph when our customers triumph.
This is a challenge we proudly embrace because we’re obsessed with creating software that consistently delivers tangible, measurable results across the board.
Today we are the destination of choice for developers building apps; tomorrow, we will be the Company who helps them connect with customers more effectively in this digital economy.
This commitment means we’re never satisfied with the now. Our customers rely on us to be ready for tomorrow, today. They rely on us to make progress.