Kinvey’s goal is to transform how businesses interact with people, data, and devices in the age of mobility. We do this by empowering developers and IT with the next generation software for delivering the mobile-enabled applications their customers, employees, and partners need. Our Backend as a Service (BaaS) platform, recently recognized by Forrester as the #1 mobile development platform, makes it possible for developers to build applications twice as fast and at half the cost while giving Enterprise IT the control and security they need to have.
You’re an expert in enterprise systems and architecture and understand how modern apps are built on them
You’re an engineer who enjoys the opportunity to learn about and integrate enterprise systems with modern applications and platforms. You have experience with a wide range of enterprise technologies and get satisfaction helping clients unlock their existing infrastructure for new application channels. You are always looking for opportunities to develop standardized and reusable solutions for systems and data integration.
You’re passionate about delivering great mobile apps
You’re intimately aware of the heartbeat of the mobile space and follow it as a passion. You have a good understanding of mobile development best practices (and pitfalls). And you not only appreciate the exciting possibilities mobile apps unlock but also the challenges inherent in arriving at successful apps given the vast landscape and unprecedented pace of change in mobile technology.
You’re an experienced technical leader and teacher
You know how to effectively gather technical requirements and prescribe solutions that effectively -- and efficiently -- satisfy client requirements. You like rolling up your sleeves and spearheading the conception, design, and development of elegant and reliable solutions. You enjoy teaching others key development concepts and are comfortable leading developer training sessions.
You’ve earned “Trusted Advisor” status
You understand that being a trusted advisor is not only about listening to a customer’s requests but about proactively suggesting solutions they may not even have considered. As you partner with prospects and customers you are highly effective at keeping all key stakeholders informed of status and roadblocks. You enjoy leveraging your expertise and helpfulness in becoming a trusted resource for your colleagues and prospects.
You love the fast pace & flexibility of rapidly growing organizations
You understand that working in a rapidly-growing team means that things will change -- fast! When not actively working on customer-facing engagements you are happy to help other teams as needed. You are self-motivated and self-managed - capable of multitasking and accepting change both in tasks and schedule.
We love what we do. You should, too!
- 8+ years experience building applications that connect to enterprise technologies such as AD/LDAP/SAML, REST, SOAP, SOA, middleware, ESB, MQ, and API Management
- 8+ years experience as a solution architect for or at Global 2000 enterprises, connecting data and authentication services and legacy enterprise systems to new platforms and applications
- Experience delivering end-to-end security architectures for enterprise projects
- 2+ years experience delivering training sessions to enterprise developers or SIs to teach them how to use new development platforms
- 2+ years experience working with and integrating cloud-based applications into the enterprise stack
- Basic understanding of system/network administration and state-of-the art code deployment tools, including some basic knowledge of DevOps
- Travel as necessary for customer engagements
The following requirements apply to positions that are advertised as “Remote” / not Boston-based:
- Previous experience as a remote employee
- Access to Internet connection sufficient for collaboration -- ability to participate in Slack, Hangouts, G-chat from the place in which you work
- Willingness and ability to travel economically to HQ with some regularity as determined by the hiring manager (minimum annual travel standard for all remote positions = 15%)
- Ability to proactively and effectively communicate and develop relationships with team members, with the understanding that members of HQ are equally responsible for ensuring effective two-way communications
- Superior time management skills for prioritizing a flexible and autonomous work schedule
- It is expected that the remote employee will provide their own office, internet, and phone (as needed)
- Experience developing apps for mobile platforms or SDKs such as iOS, Android, NET, Ionic, PhoneGap, NativeScript, React, and Xamarin
- Mobile app platform experience (AWS Mobile Services, Azure, Kony, etc.)
- Experience delivering or owning the solution architecture for multiple successful mobile app projects at an enterprise
- Experience delivering compliant architectures for projects based on compliance standards such as HIPAA and PCI
- Hands-on experience working with enterprise applications like SAP, Salesforce, Oracle, IBM DB2, WebSphere, WebLogic, WebMethods, and DataPower
How to Apply
- Submit your resume
- Write a compelling cover letter telling us why you’re the best fit for this job