We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Software Engineer , Senior in Core C product group in Bangalore, to work on Chef which is one of top 3 enterprise product in Devops & Devsecops space.
In Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practice. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and run with our code.
The Platform Services team build common and reusable services/components for other chef product lines like Infra, compliance, Automate, Desktop etc. to enable those team to focus on their business deliverables and takes care of common/cross-cutting concern like developing centralized Authentication, APIGW, logging, Monitoring/Alerting, Compliance, Infrastructure as a code template for deploying application in a public cloud.
What you will do in this role:
- Will develop one of above platform components of GA quality (Scalability, Up time, DR) from scratch.
- Work effectively as a Product Owner for the team in a Scrum Model – as a liaison between Product Management, Architect and the team
- Be an effective team player and introduces best practices in team
- Flexible to quickly learn and work on any new technology based on business need.
To be success-full we need someone who has:
The successful candidate is used to wearing multiple hats, highly motivated, quality conscious with a strong attention to detail, and exhibits a history of achievement in their career to date.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5-8 years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree with 4+ years of relevant experience or equivalent
- Have extensive (4+ yrs. ) hands-on experience on one/multiple high level programming language like Go/Nodejs/Java.
- Have worked 2-3 yrs. in any one of public cloud like AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Have written Infrastructure as a code using Terraform/clod formation template for automating infra setup and deployment for 1-3 years
- Have worked on some of SQL/NO-SQL DB
- Have 2-4 yrs of experience in Kubernetes/Docker technologies.
- Have worked on one of distributed systems like caching, async communication, various design patterns.
- Have worked on one of Monitoring and Alerting frameworks
- Exposure to chef/Ansible/Puppet ecosystem in optional
- Good Analytical and troubleshooting skill
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy :
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave , Casual leave, Maternity leave , Paternity Leave.
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents ,personal accident insurance coverage,Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga , Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans