We’re Progress – we offer the best platforms for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build products that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join our Core C/ Chef Product Group us as a Software Developer , Senior / Principal in Bangalore, India.
In our Core C/ Chef Product Group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practices. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day to have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
The Compliance Inspec team is a highly technical group responsible for designing and building innovative compliance solutions and integrations. Our products ensure Chef customers can easily achieve continuous compliance across the spectrum of operating systems, applications, databases, clouds and container-based environments.
What you'll do:
- Work on the development of the Compliance scanning product - InSpec
- Contribute to the development of the Chef Compliance Cloud product.
- Work on issues and drive improvements to our compliance offerings that are critical to the success of Chef’s customers and the broader Chef community
Who you are (Our ideal candidate will have some or all of these qualifications):
- You’ll have software development skills, with expertise in Ruby
- You are comfortable with frameworks and can demonstrate deep knowledge in at least one technology stack
- Desirable – Understanding/Experience of Information Security / Network security
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or related discipline
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, casual leave, maternity leave, paternity leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for the employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!