About the Role:
The OpenEdge Database Development team currently has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer team member. Candidates will work on new feature development as well as maintenance of the existing product. Customers leverage OpenEdge to build world-class, robust business applications deployed in on-premise, multi-tier environments as well as SaaS and Cloud deployments.
The Database teams are responsible for the internals of the database engine and server, the database management utilities, and interoperability with the OpenEdge language clients. We are looking for team players that can contribute to significant portions of our technology and help drive future product initiatives. You may work on major sub-systems of the database manager, server operations, monitoring, or multi-threaded utilities, in functionality supporting continuous online operation, scalability, and disaster recovery.
The ideal candidate must want to work in a dynamic agile environment involving multiple technologies and be dedicated to getting the job done. The successful candidate is proficient at wearing multiple hats, highly motivated, quality conscious with a strong attention to detail, and exhibits a history of achievement in their career to date.
- Experience with systems software (RDBMS internals, middleware, or operating system kernel level) product development and delivery. Experience may be focused on either implementation or testing.
- Practical projects developing multi-threaded software and the use of shared memory
- Minimum of 4 years of experience using C or C++
- A BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent foundational experience
- Proficient working with data structures and operating systems internals
- Proficient working on both Unix and Windows operating systems
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills
- Easily works with new technologies
- Works collaboratively to meet team commitments and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with software development tools and environments
Any of the following experience is a plus:
- Experience in the development of commercial database engines or database reorganization utilities
- A working understanding of Database technologies
- Knowledge of software quality assurance and validation methodologies
- Knowledge of ODBC, JDBC, and database management systems internals
- Experience in areas such as memory management analysis or performance tuning
- Experience in an Agile scrum development environment
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with Test automation concepts and frameworks
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!!#LI-KJ1