We’re Progress – we offer the best platforms for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build products that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join our Core C/ Chef Product Group us as a Senior Software Engineer for our team in our Bangalore, India office, or work remotely from another suitable location in India.
In our Core C/ Chef Product Group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practices. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day to have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
Who You Are:
- You have demonstrable software development skills with TypeScript
- Experience building desktop applications with Electron for macOS and Windows
- Experience with Ruby or Golang is a plus
- Have the equivalent of 5 years or more of experience in the systems engineering or software engineering fields.
- An independent self-starter with a willingness to learn new things through experimentation and research
- Comfortable with cloud based platforms as well as tools such as Terraform and Docker.
- You believe quality is part of the process and not an afterthought - we are well rounded engineers, not developers who handoff to QA
What You’ll Do:
- Lead development of the Chef Workstation desktop companion application
- Teach, mentor, and learn from your team of world class engineers
- Build testing pipelines to validate software changes in complex environments
- Collaborate with various stakeholders of the project including product management, UX, other teams as well as customers
- Take on responsibility for and iteratively drive to the successful implementation an area of the product
- Support improvements to our core product, tooling, and development processes
- Work on issues and improvements in our tools critical to the success of Chef’s customers and the broader Chef community
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright people and to also enjoy:
- Remote work opportunities
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, casual leave, maternity leave, paternity leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for the employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!