We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Software Engineer, Principal in United States and remote is an option.
In Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practice. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and run with our code.
The Automate team is tech savvy group and responsible for designing and building innovative solution for managing nodes on private and public cloud for enterprise applications. Automate ensures that all nodes of a cluster are easily managed in a secured/scalable way in any public/private cloud.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
Will develop one of above platform components of GA quality (Scalability, Up time, DR) from scratch.
Work effectively as a Product Owner for the team in a Scrum Model – as a liaison between Product Management, Architect and the team
Be an effective team player and introduces best practices in team
Flexible to quickly learn and work on any new technology based on business need.
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
The successful candidate is used to wearing multiple hats, highly motivated, quality conscious with a strong attention to detail, and exhibits a history of achievement in their career to date.
- Have extensive hands-on experience on GO or Nodejs.
- Experience in any one of public cloud like AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Have worked on some of SQL/NO-SQL DB
- Have worked on one of distributed systems like caching, async communication, various design patterns.
- Exposure to chef/Ansible/Puppet ecosystem in optional
- Good Analytical and troubleshooting skill
- Exposure to Docker/Kubernetes
If this sounds like the right career opportunity for you, we’d be happy to talk! What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright people and to also enjoy:
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, bonus, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.