We’re Progress – we offer the best platforms for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build products that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join our Core C/ Chef Product Group us as a Software Developer for our remote US based team.
In our Chef Product Group (now part of Progress Software), we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practices. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day to have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
Who You Are:
- You have systems software development skills with experience with either Windows or Linux Operating Systems and are willing to learn the other
- You have demonstrable deep software development skills in at least one systems development language such as Rust, Go, C#, C++ or Java. Rust experience preferred
- You have experience with modern technology stacks with a bent for system level software
- Bash or Powershell experience desired and are willing to learn the other
- Experience building and operating high-performance systems.
- Experience with Windows and LInux systems internals desirable
- Working experience with Containers and Container orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes a huge Plus
- Have a minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science Plus 5 years of experience or equivalent experience
- You like to dive in, learn new things, and want to build awesome products
- You enjoy collaborating closely with Chef customers and internal engineering teams to understand their complex issues, solve their problems and elicit frequent feedback on the solutions you provide
- You believe quality is part of the process and not an afterthought - we are well rounded engineers, not developers who handoff to QA
What you’ll do:
- Advocate for and advance the architecture of Chef Habitat
- Build out the innovative and aggressive roadmap for Chef Habitat in the best possible way for our customers
- Support improvements to our core product, CLIs, APIs as well as core development processes
- Take on responsibility for and iteratively drive to the successful implementation an area of the product
- Work on issues and improvements in our tools critical to the success of Chef’s customers and the broader Chef community
- Teach, mentor and learn from your team of world class engineers
- Collaborate with various stakeholders of the project including product management, UX, other teams as well as customers
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, uncapped commission, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!