We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Software Architect in Core C product group in Bangalore, to work on Chef which is one of top 3 enterprise product in Devops & Devsecops space.
In Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practice. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and run with our code.
What you will do in this role:
- Leads software development efforts from a technology perspective. This involves being intimately involved with all technical activities within the team (software development life cycle activities, code reviews, research, etc.)
- Identifies the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements
- Works within the Team on technical, enterprise initiatives. This will likely involve vision setting, researching, training, and all phases of the software development life cycle
- Works effectively as a Product Owner for the team in a Scrum Model – as a liaison between Product Management and the team
- Records software architecture in a software architecture document using use cases
- Maintains, reviews and evolves software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements and industry trends and technologies
- Analyses risk and report problems in meeting system requirements
- Participates in customer working group meetings, test readiness reviews, and regular status meetings
- Provides supporting information to the Engineers to aid in the creation of a system specification
- Performs software version control and maintain periodic compilation schedule
- Complies with all applicable product development processes. Performs detailed software design as well as implements and/or maintains code according to duties and responsibilities
- Ensures the overall integrity of the software architecture and validates it against the system specification
- Works with visual designers to integrate internal and external product design into a cohesive user experience
- Utilizes innovative approaches to solve complex technical problems and apply advanced technical principles, theories and concepts to develop products
- Defines and selects new design concepts and approaches
- Provides work leadership, training and technical guidance to Software Engineers
- Performs all other duties as assigned
To be success-full we need someone who has:
The successful candidate is used to wearing multiple hats, highly motivated, quality conscious with a strong attention to detail, and exhibits a history of achievement in their career to date.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10 – 12+ years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree with 8+ years of relevant experience or equivalent
- Demonstrated proficiency and expertise in multiple business or technical areas
- Addresses problems in a logical manner and presents & implements recommendations for resolution
- Works in cooperation with others to accomplish company objectives
- Will be an acknowledged expert in their field
- Required to have the capability of making breakthrough's in thought, theory or practice that has the impact of delivering innovation that creates competitive advantage for the company
- Keeps abreast of Industry activities and may participate in standards or industry-wide activities.
- Introduces new technologies, both product feature sets and infrastructure technologies, into the department and the company.
- Has customer and industry contact (press, conventions, standards organizations, etc.).
- Often works with customer support, sales, marketing and many groups within development in the course of their work. Frequently works with customers to resolve key design, product and technical issues.
- Initiates new development efforts as required by market.
- Takes market needs and architectures and create product definitions
- Design and plan the development of complex software projects utilizing latest technologies
- Oversee others to ensure high functionality, high quality, and high performance implementations of software products
- Have exposure in one of public cloud like AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Is expert in one of High level programming language like Nodejs, Java etc.
- Has exposure on scripting language.
- Has exposure to infrastructure as a code (CloudFormation/Terraform etc.)
- Knowing Ruby is nice to have exp.
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy :
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave , Casual leave, Maternity leave , Paternity Leave.
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents ,personal accident insurance coverage,Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga , Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans