Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want, and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress. And as a Software Engineer in Test - Intern in Sofia, you can join us in doing what we do best: boosting business forward.
Please note that the duration of the internship is 6 months, full-time (40h/ week).
Our company helps developers become superheroes, and our team is responsible for the Telerik UI for WinForms product. The suite helps developers be more productive and decrease the development time by providing rich and powerful components to handle common visualization scenarios. Telerik UI for WinForms is our famous UI framework for the most widespread desktop platform by Microsoft. It consists of 140+ UI shiny controls which hide incredible complexity inside. The project is alive and kicking since 2008 and has a vast amount of smart software developers as its customers. Our customers are software developers, like us. They are continuously demanding top quality, clean and intuitive APIs; and we are continuously learning from them.
What will you do?
- Get to know the team testing practices and learn how to use them in the field;
- Develop and maintain automation tests of the components with the guidance of senior team members;
- Perform manual testing of common cases and scenarios;
- Test the components in Visual Studio;
- Validate internal and release builds;
- Investigate problems and find clear steps to reproduce issues. Log issues in the bug tracking system. Synchronize and clarify bug description and severity with the respective software developers;
- Provide timely validation of fixed bugs;
- Validate product features against existing documentation (public or internal);
- Participate in review discussions (e.g. code reviews, test case reviews, automated test reviews, etc.), take feedback from reviewers proactively and improve testing skills;
- Take part in all team processes/activities. Work closely with other team members and roles, including Software Engineers, Product Owner, and Technical Support Engineers;
What will you need?
- A broad technical curiosity with proven technical understanding and problem-solving skills;
- Basic programming skills;
- Knowledge in C#;
- Experience with Visual Studio;
- Experience in creating test projects would be an advantage;
- Ability to communicate clearly and positively through written and spoken English.
If the above fits your experience and career goals, then we would be happy to hear from you!
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- 15 days’ vacation + an extra day off for your birthday
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite
And many other perks!