We’re Progress – we offer the best platforms for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build products that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join our Core C Chef InSpec team as a Software Engineer for our team in Bangalore , India (remote is an option)
In Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practice. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
Our Core C InSpec team creates a cutting-edge DevSecOps tool that ensures compliance with a wide variety of security standards on an unmatched variety of platforms, from operating systems to databases, cloud resources to network equipment.
What You’ll Do:
- Build, maintain, and improve upon the code that powers InSpec and related tools.
- Work with content teams to implement new InSpec resources and extend existing resources to enable implementation of new security policies.
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs as reported by customers and the community.
- Teach others on the team, and be teachable.
Who You Are:
- You have 2+ years of hands-on experience with Ruby in a CLI environment. Rails not required.
- You have experience working with Agile software development processes.
- You have excellent spoken and written English; and you can communicate about technical problems with the global community.
- You are familiar with Test-Driven-Development (TDD).
- You are accustomed to working in a CI/CD environment. Experience maintaining the CI/CD code, especially BuildKite, is a plus.
- You have experience working with containerization systems, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- You enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote first environment.
- You are invested in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices. Experience with the Chef product suite (Infra Client, InSpec, Habitat, Automate, etc.) is a plus.
- You have experience with CIS or DISA/STIG security policies.
- You have experience with PowerShell.
- You maintain a RubyGem.
- You have experience with one or more database systems.
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, casual leave, maternity leave, paternity leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for the employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans