About the Product Team:
Customers leverage OpenEdge to build world-class, robust business applications deployed in on-premise, multi-tier environments as well as SaaS and Cloud deployments. The Database teams are responsible for the internals of the database engine and server, the database management utilities, and interoperability with the OpenEdge language clients.
About the Role:
This person will work on new feature development as well as maintenance of the existing product under the guidance of senior members of the team. You will add value on major sub-systems of the database manager, server operations, monitoring, or multi-threaded utilities, in functionality supporting continuous online operation, scalability, and disaster recovery.
What We Need From You:
- 2-3 years of software development experience. Experience may be focused on either implementation or testing.
- Programming Experience with C
- A BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Comfortable working on both Unix and Windows operating systems
- Experience working with data structures and operating systems internals
- Experience developing multi-threaded software and the use of shared memory (Academic or practical projects acceptable)
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills
- Easily works with new technologies
- Familiar with all aspects of the development cycle: specification writing and review, design, coding, unit testing, debugging, and verification
- Works collaboratively to meet team commitments and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with team members
Any of the following experience is a plus:
- Experience in the development of commercial database engines or database reorganization utilities
- Experience with systems software (RDBMS internals, middleware, or operating system kernel level) product development and delivery
- Knowledge of ODBC, JDBC, and database management systems internals
- A working understanding of Database technologies
- Knowledge of software quality assurance and validation methodologies
- Experience in areas such as memory management analysis or performance tuning
- Experience in an Agile scrum development environment
- Experience with Test Driven Development
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!