The OpenEdge Development team currently has openings for Software Engineer team members. Candidates will work on the maintenance of the existing product as well as new feature development and ideally will have experience with Test Driven Development. We are recruiting for openings within several key groups which comprise the OpenEdge product line. Customers leverage OpenEdge to build world-class, robust business applications deployed in on-premise, multi-tier environments as well as SaaS and Cloud deployments.
Your skills and experience may qualify you as a possible candidate for one of the teams supporting OpenEdge:
The Database teams are responsible for the internals of the database engine and server, the database management utilities, and interoperability with the OpenEdge language clients. You may work on major sub-systems of the database manager, server operations, status monitoring, or multi-threaded utilities, in functionality supporting availability, scalability, and disaster recovery.
The Language teams are responsible for the OpenEdge Advanced Business Language, a procedural and object-oriented programming language with built-in transaction and User Interface support that is tightly integrated with the OpenEdge database as well as numerous industry standard components. You may work on the ABL’s preprocessor, compiler, or runtime engine, regarding features which improve the language’s security, availability and performance.
- The ideal candidate must want to work in a dynamic agile environment involving multiple technologies and be dedicated to getting the job done. The successful candidate is used to wearing multiple hats, highly motivated, quality conscious with a strong attention to detail, and exhibits a history of achievement in their career to date.
- A BS/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent foundational experience
- Practical project experience in software system design and testing
- Knowledge of data structures and operating systems internals
- Comfortable working on both Unix and Windows operating systems
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills
- Learns new technologies independently
- Works independently and meets tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with software development tools and environments
- Experience in an agile scrum development environment
Any of the following experience is a plus:
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with Test automation concepts and frameworks
- A working understanding of Database technologies
- Knowledge of ODBC, JDBC, and database management systems internals
- A project focused on multithreaded code and shared memory systems is desired
- Experience in areas such as memory management analysis, compiler theory, performance tuning
- Familiarity with the .NET programming languages
- Experience with technologies such as XML, Unicode and Internationalization
- Experience with Tomcat and the Spring Security framework
- Familiarity with BASH or PowerShell scripting
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!