Major responsibilities includes:
- Prepare test strategy, test plans and review them
- Developing, maintaining and expanding the automated tests
- Monitor the automated tests and trouble shoot the issues.
Adding new tests and improve the code coverage.
Tests automation will be written in Java & Test NG.
- Strong in Database technologies and SQL
Configuring applications to use the DataDirect ODBC, JDBC drivers
Assisting support in reproducing customer’s issues
- Respond to forum queries
Responsibilities will also include daily triage of failed tests and creating reproducible test cases for development engineers. They will be working on multiple platforms, which include Windows, UNIX and Linux, and will be responsible for setup, configuration and testing of DataDirect products on all supported platforms.
Required Skills (Must Have) & Associated Number of Years of Experience:
- Degree/Major: B Tech/M Tech/MCA/other CS degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Quality Assurance and/or Software Development
- Experience with developing test automation framework, performance testing and tuning.
- Knowledge, of the software development process, including Quality Assurance.
- Knowledge of scripting language (Perl/UNIX shell scripting)
- Experienced in one or more programming language (C/C++, Java).
- Experienced with testing tools like TestNG, JMeter, Selenium etc.
- Hands on experience on multiple OS like Windows, Unix, Linux, AIX etc.
- Hands on experience on Databases like Oracle, DB2, SQL Server.
- Ability to create Test Plans, estimate, schedule and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent communication skills - Ability to interface with engineers, architects and mangers in order to accomplish objectives.
- Desired Skills (Good to have)
Experience with Internationalization testing.
- Understanding of Multi-platform issues for UNIX and Windows environments.
- Understanding of ODBC concepts and configuration of ODBC drivers on various platforms.
- Understating installation tools like InstallShield, Install Anywhere