We’re Progress - we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Software Engineer II in Data Connectivity Products team. This team builds DataDirect Connectors that provide high-performing JDBC, ODBC, ADO.NET and, OData data connectivity solutions for Relational, Big Data, and SaaS data sources
The role of Software Engineer demands extensive knowledge and experience in C/C++ to design, build, and support complex product features and components. Major responsibilities include:
- Participate in design, review and code contribution.
- Ensure that the design and implementation meet high-quality standards.
- Work with multiple operating systems including Windows, Linux, Unix, and MacOS.
- Work on multiple database management systems (Relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2; NoSQL/BigData databases such as Hive and Mongo; and Cloud sources such as Salesforce and Eloqua).
- Work on security protocols such as Kerberos, SSL, OAuth, and SAML.
- Work on APIs such as REST and/or SOAP.
- Handle engineering tools such as GitHub, Perforce, TeamCity, Collaborator, Sonarqube, and Purify.
- Utilize code analysis tools such as Veracode, PREfast, and AppScan
Required Skills for the role:
- Degree/Major: B Tech/M Tech/MCA/other CS degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge, of the software development process, including Quality Assurance.
- Experienced in one or more programming language C/C++ and Java
- Strong understanding and experience in C/C++ , Data Structures , and Algorithms.
- Experience of working multiple OS like Windows, Unix, Linux, AIXÂ etc.
- Experience or Understanding of Databases like Oracle, DB2, SQL Server.
- Excellent communication skills - Ability to interface with engineers, architects and managers to accomplish objectives.
Desired Skills (Good to have)
- Knowledge of scripting language (Perl/UNIX shell scripting)
- Understanding of Multi-platform issues for UNIX and Windows environments.
- Understanding of ODBC concepts and configuration of ODBC drivers on various platforms.
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!