Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want, and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress.
Sitefinity is a recognized industry leader in Digital Experience/Web Content Management Systems categories. It is based on ASP.NET and is designed with usability, performance, security, and extensibility in mind. Sitefinity is engineered to make managing a website a positive, empowering experience. Because it's built on a cutting-edge code base, Sitefinity is best equipped to meet the long-term needs of today's businesses, including tackling the fast-paced mobile world. It enables system integrators, digital agencies, and end users to develop, run and manage Sitefinity-powered systems for digital experiences.
As a Software Engineer, you will design, develop and maintain product features and integrations like .NET (Core) microservices. In addition, you will develop new features and extensibility points in the Sitefinity WCMS product. Take responsibility for building new functionalities, enhancement, and maintenance of existing ones.
As part of the role, you will:
- Participate in the research of the software components behind the team tasks and have a good understanding of the architecture and design of the team's product.
- Write clean, maintainable, and readable code while strictly adhering to team coding quality standards. This includes writing different types of tests.
- Analyze business requirements. Provide additional scenarios and use cases - based on a continuously enriched understanding of the customer problem.
- Participate in code reviews and provide guidance to drive personal and code quality improvements.
- Investigate problems of diverse scopes, identify, and resolve bugs with different complexity.
- Provide realistic time estimates on tasks and assignments.
- Continuously get acquainted and remain updated on the product's inner workings: architecture, components, API, features, and documentation.
- Ideally, some professional experience as a software developer.
- Familiar with Object Oriented Design, as well as Design patterns.
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Understanding of database concepts and SQL; Knowledge of MS SQL Server and ORMs (e.g., Entity Framework).
- C#, ASP.NET (.NET Framework 4.8+ / .NET 7+ preferred).
- Have focus and knowledge for writing optimized high-performance, and memory-efficient code.
- Understanding of Version control systems
- Agile methodologies – e.g., Scrum, Kanban, Lean.
- Proficient written and verbal English language skills.
- PowerShell knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with Single Page Application frameworks/libraries (e.g., Angular, React, or similar) is a plus.
What we offer in return is the opportunity to elevate your game and to enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Vacation, Family and Health
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones
- Flexible working hours and generous work-from-home allowance
- Free underground parking with a designated space for bikes and electric scooters