We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced engineer to join our newly established Virtual Assistant Team and take part in the development of truly innovative solutions to address our internal needs. In this role you will have the unique chance to get involved in the full product development life cycle, starting from scratch – you will have to come up with the idea as of what product shall be developed to best satisfy the internal customers’ needs. As the team will be fully in charge of the solution, they would also have the freedom to decide on how to develop it, so you’ll also have a say on what the right technologies and tools are.
To be successful in this role you shall:
- Have excellent general programming and problem-solving skills
- Be proficient in Object Oriented Design and Architecture, as well as Design patterns
- Have the ability to write high quality – readable, testable and reusable code
- Have the willingness to learn fast and to explore different technologies
- Have strong analytical abilities and troubleshooting skills
- Be a team player with excellent communication skills
The following will be a plus:
- Experience with an object oriented language (C#, Java) is considered as a plus
What you will be doing most of the time:
- Building new products and functionalities, as well as enhancing and maintaining the existing ones
- Participating in the research of the software components behind the team tasks and having a good understanding of the architecture and design of the team's products
- Actively participating when defining the scope; analyzing internal business requirements, providing additional scenarios and use cases - based on continuously enriched understanding of the customer problem.
- Writing clean, maintainable and readable code, whilst strictly adhering to team coding quality standards
- Participating in the testing process (in collaboration with QA engineers) and summarizing analysis and test results
- Participating in code reviews and providing guidance in order to drive personal and code quality improvements
If you are up for the challenge, we will be glad to hear from you!