Our company helps developers become superheroes, and our team helps them manage the documents in their application – whether they are rich-text, spreadsheet, or PDFs.
About the team
We develop and support 10-year old established products, with tens of thousands of developers regularly using them around the world.
We create .NET-based visual UI controls for editing documents in various formats, and components for back-end conversion and generation of documents.
We are proven-working diverse team, with a little bit of everything. We are not afraid of the different. We deliver.
We are close to the metal – regularly solving challenging memory and performance problems.
We do not work on small throw-away projects. Our components are here to stay, and we are continuously shaping them to be the best in the world.
Our components are used internally by numerous Progress teams, which places us right at the core of the company’s popular products like Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET AJAX, WPF, WinForms, Sitefinity, Xamarin, and Kendo UI.
Our customers are software developers, like us. They are continuously demanding top quality, clean and intuitive APIs; and we are continuously learning from them.
As corporate sponsor of .NET Foundation, we also work in close collaboration with Microsoft, following latest .NET technology and design trends.
Please note that this is a maternity cover position for the duration of up to 1 year.
What you will do
- Research and implement new functionalities and features
- Do competitor research and prepare functional specifications
- Fix challenging bugs in a vast code base
- Write clean, maintainable, and readable code, according to the team coding standards
- Think a lot about API design, backwards compatibility, and architecture conformance
- Write a lot of unit tests
- Participate in code reviews for final polishing of the produced code
- Work closely with other team members and roles, including: product managers, to specify the requirements; QA engineers, to produce functional tests; support engineers, to prepare documentation and help articles; front-end engineers and designers, to create user-friendly and compelling designs.
- Work directly with customers to help get their job done. Don’t forget, our customers are software developers like us, so this could be an awesome learning experience
What you will need
- Knowledge on how to learn fast
- Ability to meet deadlines and commit to team goals
- Experience with .NET and C#
- Advanced knowledge of OOP
- Knowledge of software design principles
- Understanding of algorithms and complexity
- Experience with source control system
- Good written and verbal English
What you will get
- Team of senior engineers which are ready to share their knowledge and help you grow with them
- A constant stream of challenges to solve
- Informal and friendly environment
- A chance to join a company globally recognized for its cutting-edge products
- Hands-on product development with a worldwide effect upon millions of people
- The opportunity to experience awesome agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Dynamic opportunity for professional growth
- A company with a social and benefits program that allows you to concentrate on your career
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days’ vacation + an extra day off for your birthday
- Generous work-from home allowance
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite
- Kids' Center onsite
- And many other perks
Progress is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a versatile environment for all our employees.