We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Software Engineer for our DataDirect product group. This will be a full time role working out of your home office, though due to team location East Coast candidates are preferred.JOB SUMMARY:
We are seeking software engineers who are looking to utilize both their UI and Java programming expertise, in a unique blend unlike a traditional full stack role. The engineers will join our data connectivity and integration team, commonly known as DataDirect. The DataDirect team is responsible for building the best connectors on the market to connect all types of applications to data stored in relational, Big Data, and NoSQL databases as well as cloud services. You will work on our growth products building new functionality and extending the modern UI.WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Participate in all aspects of the software life cycle (design, development, quality assurance, deployment, & maintenance)
- Actively involved in measuring, validating, and ensuring software meets the behavioral, quality, and performance requirements
- Author software and automation to resolve problems permanently
- Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for operating services and systems; assess design and code changes to drive improvements
- Collaborate with the UX team while implementing a modern UI for our growth products
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Excellent coding skills in Java with demonstrated work experience
- Experience in relational database coding in SQL, ODBC, or JDBC
- Experienced in MVC frameworks such as Spring or Node.js.
- A BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with REST or GraphQL APIs
- Experience with CI/TDD/BDD
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!#LI-SC1
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, bonus, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.