We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Software Engineer for our DataDirect product group in our Morrisville, NC location. Due to our pandemic office shut down, this role will start remotely and then in January 2022 will transition to a hybrid set up, with some days working at home and some in the office.JOB SUMMARY:
We are seeking software engineers who are self-driven and extremely passionate about designing and building low level software. The engineers will join our data connectivity and integration team, commonly known as DataDirect. The DataDirect team is responsible for building the best connectors on the market to connect all types of applications to data stored in relational, Big Data, and NoSQL databases as well as cloud services. You may work on bleeding edge data security features, maximizing performance, creating innovative solutions for fit-for-purpose sources, or enhancing or creating internal tools to maximize our efficiency.WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Participate in all aspects of the software life cycle (design, development, quality assurance, deployment, & maintenance)
- Actively involved in measuring, validating, and ensuring software meets the behavioral, quality, and performance requirements
- Contribute to debugging, troubleshooting defects; author software and build automation to resolve problems permanently
- Participate actively in code reviews, bug/issue triage, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
- Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for operating services and systems; assess design and code changes to drive improvements
- Translation of UI/UX wireframes to visual elements
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Excellent coding skills in C/C++ and Java with demonstrated work experience
- Experience in relational database coding in SQL, ODBC, or JDBC
- Experienced in MVC frameworks such as Spring and back-end programming using Java, Node.js.
- A BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in device driver design, OS development or network development preferred.
- Hands-on work with network testing, database/database server testing
- Experience with CI/TDD/BDD
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!#LI-SC1
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!