The Social Media Specialist will be responsible for building, managing, monitoring and growing our corporate social media channels. This includes creating original content, managing posts and engaging with followers. The right candidate will project our company image, building upon our strong application development heritage. As part of the Corporate Communications function, the candidate will collaborate with all facets of marketing as well as our corporate spokespeople/bloggers, developer relations team, human capital and team members across our regional offices.
We expect the Social Media Specialist, to be up-to-date on the latest digital technologies and social media trends. This person will offer guidance, best practice and strategic council to a variety of constituents on how to leverage social channels effectively. He/She should have excellent communication skills, the ability to influence and navigate matrixed organizations, creativity, and a good understanding of the technology landscape.
This position plays a pivotal role in marketing campaigns and is highly visible across the organization. The person right for this role will help to drive influencer engagement and can identify strategic initiatives that help us connect with and educate key stakeholders across target markets.Responsibilities include:
- Design, implementation and execution of all social media activities to align with business goals (i.e. tweeting, sharing, engaging, liking, increasing social reach, doing the heavy lifting, etc.)
- Engage influencers to increase followership and engagement.
- Leverage both organic and paid social campaigns to develop brand awareness, including promotions and competitions.
- Onboard and maximize use of social media tools. Train internal teams on key features and best practices.
- Competitor and industry analysis, data analysis to monitor web traffic metrics and social trends.
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news).
- Implement Social Media SEO tactics aligned with keyword and SEO strategies.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure brand consistency.
- Maximize the integration of social media into existing business practices and enhance the Progress brand on social media platforms while adhering to business standards and creation of a consistent “voice” for the brands.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
- Answer directly to social media inquiries, all while using the company's voice and guidelines.
- Some travel required.
- A minimum of 3 years of proven social media experience in a corporate communications/marketing environment or agency experience.
- Experience with paid social promotion and ability to execute and report upon such promotions.
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Experience within tech sector, application development experience a plus.
- Experience using community management/listening & publishing tools (Sprinklr, Hootsuite etc.).
- Verifiable examples of social media marketing successes
- Excellent writing, editing and interpersonal communications skills
- Design experience a plus
- Impeccable attention to detail and time management
- Ability to conceptualize and deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as across teams and regions.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, managing resources and several projects simultaneously.
- A Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, computer science or related discipline