We’re Progress – we offer the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Social Media Specialist. This is a work from home position in the United States. Ideal candidate will be East Coast or Central time zone due to team location.
The Social Media Specialist will be responsible for building, managing, monitoring and growing our corporate social media channels. This includes creating original content, publishing posts and engaging with followers. Reporting to the Employer Brand Manager, you will showcase the people, culture and values that make Progress a top place to work, as recognized by the Boston Business Journal and Forbes. Your work will help attract top talent to our ranks and shine a spotlight on our corporate social responsibility program, Progress for Tomorrow. You will give an authentic voice to a leading, customer-centric brand.
We expect the Social Media Specialist to be up to date on the latest digital technologies and social media trends for B2B businesses. You will offer guidance and best practices and support a variety of constituents to leverage paid and organic social media most effectively, building and executing the made-for-social campaigns that complement and amplify larger global marketing campaigns. You should have excellent communication skills, the ability to influence and navigate matrixed organizations, creativity and a good understanding of the technology landscape. If you have a portfolio website, or samples of your work available, please link them in your resume or cover letter.
Progress does not just need someone to manage our social media calendar and share the latest blog posts. We are looking for someone who loves to engage with our audience, and will plan, write and execute vibrant multimedia content that can entertain, inform and help us make a difference for our people, our communities and our world. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and share engaging content across all corporate social channels including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
- Manage video uploads for YouTube
- Promote existing content (blogs, media coverage, award wins, etc.) and produce made-for-social campaigns to build engagement and increase brand awareness.
- Engage with our audience daily and cultivate a bigger, more far-reaching community.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to craft responses to comments and private messages, answering questions and always nurturing thoughtful, polite exchanges with our audience.
- Monitor social media and keep leadership team members informed on activity related to breaking news, crises and current events.
- Help lead our internal Brand Ambassador Program (internal influencers) through recruitment and training and advise them on best practices to promote Progress on their personal social channels.
- Track, analyze and understand social media analytics, delivering monthly reports on performance against KPIs and industry benchmarks.
- Proactively share learnings with actionable recommendations to optimize engagement, relevance and reach for continuous improvement.
- Leverage both organic and paid social campaigns to develop brand awareness and engagement.
- Collaborate with global and cross-functional teams to ensure Progress maintains a consistent brand voice across all channels.
- Stay up-to-date with current trends and technologies in social media
- Some travel required
- A Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, computer science or related discipline
- A minimum of 3 years of proven social media experience in a corporate, communications/marketing environment or agency setting.
- Experience using community management/listening & publishing tools (Sprout, Sprinklr, Hootsuite experience a plus).
- Experience with paid social promotion and ability to manage a set budget, execute and report upon such promotions.
- Verifiable examples of social media marketing successes and metrics.
- Excellent writing, editing and interpersonal communications skills.
- Attention to detail and time management.
- Ability to conceptualize and deliver creative content
- Ability to work in a global team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, managing resources and several projects simultaneously
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, bonus, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.