We’re Progress – we offer the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Service Delivery Manager working out of your home office in the United States.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Services Delivery Manager that calls for someone with strong experience in IT Services Delivery. The role will be supporting Services Delivery and will be responsible for creating, nurturing and delivering projects in North America. The Services Delivery Manager will work closely with project teams, local Sales and Services teams, including external Services Delivery Partners (SDP).WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Support Services revenue in the North American territory
- Work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Create and maintain opportunities in a centralized CRM system, (Salesforce), and provide up-to-date forecasting
- Work with Services Leadership (Services Mgt, Dir WW Services, Services Sales) to create and modify service offerings to meet market needs
- Act as a point of escalation to help resolve roadblocks and bring resolution to outstanding project issues.
- Work closely with Legal and Revenue Operations on consistent rate structure, contract negotiations, and revenue recognition issues
- Accountable for assigned project success
- Accountable for reporting status, issues resolution, progress, and performance measures to Sponsor and Stakeholders
- Accountable for monitoring Project Management activities: Quality Management, and Change Management
- Assist the Sales teams on developing Services opportunities within the installed customer base as well as with new customers
- Negotiate technical scope and requirements with client business leaders
- Translate “customer pain” into a solution roadmap. Assist customer with problem definition and creative solution and demonstrate the impact of the proposed solution. Co-develop decision-making purchase criteria with the customer. Assist customer with the development of an implementation and training schedule.
- Maintain knowledge and proficiency in Progress Software products
- Assist in the onboarding of new service delivery partners
- Develop proposals including project scoping & estimating, contract documentation, third-party relationships, general prerequisites for the delivery of solution projects, organization, assumptions, benefits, and investments. Incorporate cost/risk implications of potential solutions into recommendations
- Assist the license sales team during negotiations on project plans, schedules, resources, involvement, and roles/responsibilities.
- Track record of project delivery excellence
- Experience including successful attainment of a quota or similar revenue goal
- Project financials proficiency
- Issues & risk management proficiency
- Resource management proficiency
- Good understanding Software Methodologies, Project Life-Cycle Methodology, Agile, Scrum
- Proven track record of developing services business in a high technology/software environment
- Services customer orientated, possessing the ability to analyze, diagnose, and succinctly discuss customer problems.
- Solution-focused approach with understanding how to inspire customers and the sales teams alike, with the ability to create an atmosphere of confidence and trust
- Ability to work closely with Sales and Services teams
- Ability to work at varying customer levels with a view to identifying and uncovering multiple business opportunities through sound business relationships at both top and departmental levels
- Technical acumen with the ability to present and sell technology solutions in a Services business context
- Technical background and understanding of large scale implementations; ability to lead projects and ensure satisfactory delivery of services commitments
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, uncapped commission, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.