At progress, as we continue to scale the business, we are in need of a Senior UX Designer to help the design of our core product lines. The ideal candidate is a hybrid designer with both UX design and research skills who will thrive in a fast paced environment. You will work with team to ensure designs are informed and in the perspective of the user. This role requires strong problem solving skils and an aptitude for cross functional team collaboration and open communication. . You’ll participate and lead the ideation efforts with the Design team and collaborate with them to define the overall vision for various design initiatives. There are many challenges and opportunities where you can impact the business and customers, so if you’re up for it, we’d love to hear from you!
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities
As Senior UX Designer, you will be responsible for (but not limited to!):
- Apply design thinking as you design new features and interactions.
- Identify key opportunities to improve user experience across core products and oversee the design process
- Ability to identify and collaborate with cross-functional teams, form alliances and gather requirements in a timely manner.
- Seek out and discover valuable learnings and insights that help define and drive opportunities to improve user experiences.
- Translate business goals and requirements into effective digital experiences that help customers.
- Work closely with UX Manager to define research driven activities and help conduct usability validation.
- Work closely with other cross functional stakeholders such as Product Managers, Program Managers and Development teams to bring your designs to life.
- Take ownership of your projects, following them from concept to launch and continuously look for the best way to solve business problems and improve the customer experience.
- Contribute and assist in managing a design pattern library that helps keep our products unified and cohesive, and in sync with our product designs and experience.
What will make you successful at Progress:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Skills & Experience
- Our ideal candidate will have at least 6+ years’ experience in the UX field with experience working with dynamic, high-traffic websites or software and mobile products. Experience designing for the cloud & virtualization is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Visual Communication, Information Sciences, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field.
- An eye for design in general; and an understanding of key principles of information design and implementation.
- A solid understanding of both quantitative and qualitative user research methods.
- Strong proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Balsamiq and other UX related tools
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to effortlessly demonstrate a design concept, research findings, and vision strategy.
- Proven ability to gather feedback from peers and stakeholders and incorporate to improve the final product design.
- Experience establishing and following brand standards and UX patterns.
- A track-record of delivering the highest quality of work, even under tight time constraints.
- An outstanding online portfolio with relevant examples of finished digital work from website work or enterprise products.