We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Telecomm Engineer in our Bedford, MA location.
Progress Communication Services Team has the mission to foresee and define a strategy how the network and telephony services should be integrated with business and business priorities.
We understand that voice services themselves are key factor to the company success and need to plan accordingly our voice services continuous improvement process.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN THIS ROLE:
As a member of the team you will:
- Have the responsibility for the day to day support and advancement of our global voice infrastructure. This includes areas in both Avaya Voice families – Avaya Aura CM and Avaya IP Office such as:
- Avaya Aura CM topology and roles – Avaya System manager, Avaya Session manager, Avaya Communication manager.
- Standalone Avaya IP office PBX management
- Directly responsible for the health of voice related appliances worldwide like servers, session border controllers, media gateways and others.
- Support above equipment in terms of:
- Data center placement
- Software updates
- Firmware updates
- Design and support the environment in terms of:
- High availability mechanisms
- Dial Plans
- Dialing rules
- Voice routing rules
- Trunks (both H323 and SIP)
- Hunt groups
- Least cost routing
- Auto attendants and interactive voice menus sequencing
- Technical support skills, queues and routing options
- Voice mail
- Client troubleshooting
- Hardware phone voice clients
- Software voice clients
- SIP knowledge, experience and troubleshooting techniques
- Skype for Business and MS Teams general operational knowledge both from client and server perspective.
- Experience in migrations between different voice systems.
- Be responsible for monitoring voice utilization and performance. Logging, alerting and escalation policies.
- Basic to intermediate LAN (end user related) and Data Center network troubleshooting.
- Physical connectivity tests.
- TCP/IP settings
- Reachability tests
- Troubleshoot and escalate appropriately upon voice related incidents.
- Assist in vendor negotiations, management and the RFP/RFI process.
- Lead small projects or multi-task efforts that may include other providers.
- Research and develop standards for architecture and engineering to be used by other IT support groups.
- Contribute to roadmap, architectural direction and continuous improvement.
- Document technical engineering procedures for use by other members of the IT Infrastructure team utilizing the Engineer Design document.
- Proactively communicate about opportunities, expectations, timelines, risks, and issues.
- Be a Resource for helping to resolve voice related issues that are escalated to the highest level.
- Performs knowledge transfer to other members of the IT Communications Team.
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, along with extensive experience in the technical area.
- Holding relevant Avaya specialist certifications will be considered and advantage
- Fuze / In Contact experience will be considered an advantage
- Experience with Linux operating systems and Python scripting will be considered an advantage.
- Exceptional ability and strong desire to learn new skills.
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!