- Plan, research, and develop user documentation and on-line help to support product releases. This primarily includes trying out the product features, testing code-snippets, and authoring the new/revised features.
- Test draft documentation and online help against latest product builds throughout the development cycle to ensure completeness and technical accuracy of all procedures and tasks
- Plan and complete common, well-defined tasks on schedule
- Work independently under guidance from a documentation manager or Product Owner
- Provide timely documentation status to Product Owner and documentation manager
- Conduct interviews with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in Development, QA, and Technical Support to gather relevant information to develop documentation
- Ensure that documentation and online help is written in accordance with documentation and production standards
- A./B.S. degree or equivalent experience with a certificate of study in technical communications
- 3 – 4.5 years of technical writing experience.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a strong, collaborative, team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with tasks-based documentation methodologies is highly desirable i.e., DITA/XML
- Familiarity with Eclipse Help is a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with Agile Software Development methodology is a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with content management and versioning tools, is a plus, but not required
A fundamental understanding of Java or C++ programming, DB knowledge is desirable, but not required