We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins.
The Technical Support team is part of a worldwide organization with team members in North America, Bulgaria, and India. We are now on the lookout for a Technical Support Engineer to join our Product group in Bangalore, India office and work with the large community of developers relying on Progress’s products. Our end users are software developers, meaning the problems that they need to solve are not very different than the problems that you would need to solve if you are a software developer yourself. You'll be a full member of our technical staff, working closely with the product development teams, contributing to the future of our product.
As part of the role, you will be:
- Owning designated issues submitted by customers and making sure the problem is solved in the best possible way.
- Engages and collaborates with other employees and with partners in gaining resolution to critical, complex issues in system design/execution as related to products.
- Participates in daily ticket triage.
- Participates in the distribution of support tasks among the members of the System Engineering staff.
- Participates in an on-call rotation with the rest of the support team.
- Takes proactive ownership in identifying and recommending product improvements based on key data points.
- Drives a great customer experience with each support incident, contributing to customer satisfaction and loyalty and amplifying the value of our products and services.
- Researching a variety of resources, including documentation, knowledgebase, bug database, and community forums.
- Running projects provided by customers to reproduce, diagnose, and possibly workaround issues.
- Fixing smaller customer-facing product issues.
- Escalating customer issues to the product team.
- Logging product defects and feature requests while properly gathering the required context.
- Participating in knowledge capturing (creating and updating knowledge resources - product demos, KBs and technical articles, documentation).
- Communicating clearly with customers and setting the right expectations
- Guide & coach junior support engineers to help address customer issues, especially in a remote environment.
To be successful in this role we need someone who has:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems with 4-6 years’ experience, or MS or equivalent experience or degree
- Prior experience working in an offshore technical support role
- Experience in debugging code developed by other engineers
- Proficiency in written and oral communication
- Experience in working with any SaaS/ Devops product is a plus
- Must be wiling to work in US EST/PST time zone
- Experience working with DevOps products, Infrastructure management tools, etc.
- Experience in Freshdesk CRM.
- Experience with Jira issue tracker
- Proven technical understanding and problem-solving skills.
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like Marriage leave, Casual Leave, Maternity leave, Paternity Leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents, Personal accident insurance coverage, Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!