Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress. And as Senior Technical Support Engineer in Rotterdam, you can join us in doing what we do best: propelling business forward.
We focus on Progress’ flagship product, OpenEdge, by assisting our solution providers and end-users with the configuration, troubleshooting and coding of our various supporting products. You will have the opportunity to learn the OpenEdge platform inside-out and will be working with some of the world’s leading Fortune 500 companies. As you work together with our customers, you will be among the first to hear their direct product feedback and will have the chance to influence the product roadmap.What you will do in this role:
The Progress® OpenEdge® platform offers a complete, out-of-the-box solution for developing, integrating, and managing business applications offered as a service or on-premises. It is an integrated development environment that helps build high-performance multi-platform systems.
- Follow the processes and procedures for technical support workflow.
- Communicate clearly and precisely with customers to determine expectations for resolutions and provides workarounds to product defects. Independently manage difficult communication with customers in effective and professional manner.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and solve complex customer problems without supervision; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information, including documentation, knowledge base, bug database, and the worldwide technical and field teams via Community forums.
- Take ownership and manages customer cases (i.e. tickets, emails, telephone, remote assistance, etc.) and develops reproductions and examples required to identify and resolve problems.
- Log product defects and feature requests clearly in the corresponding systems.
- Provide Engineering with clear and complete information, when engineering assistance is required, carrying out recommended diagnostic steps and gathering information as necessary.
- Demonstrate and apply good understanding of knowledge capturing principles (e.g., create new knowledge resources and/or update the existing ones, product demos, technical documentation, code libraries.)
- Act as a general knowledge resource for others at peer or above level.
- Provide assistance and training to other TSEs. Aids peers working in the same specialty area as well as handling issues outside of the area of specialty.
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in the infrastructure related to the product environment while resolving customer issues.
- Solid experience providing customer-facing technical support for enterprise software and systems using product documentation, knowledge base, bug database, source code.
- Strong experience with relational databases (e.g., Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle)
- Sufficient knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of two or more of the following technologies: Apache Tomcat, Webservices (REST, SOAP), XML, HTTP, HTTPS, TCP protocols, IDEs (integrated development environments), SQL debuggers, and CRM system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including effective listening skills.
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills specific to software related issues.
- Demonstrated ability to handle large number of cases efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent team player with the ability to mentor more junior staff members.
- Must be fluent in English. An additional language (Dutch/French/German/Spanish/Italian) is a definite bonus, but not required.
- Knowledge and experience of working with OpenEdge database will be an advantage.
If this sounds like the right fit for your experience and career interests, we would be happy to talk to you! What we offer in return is:
- 24 days’ vacation (increased after years of service) + an extra day off for your birthday
- Premium Collective Health Insurance Plan with a monthly employer contribution
- Premium Collective Pension Scheme fully funded by Progress
- Company-paid commuting/mileage reimbursement
- Fitness Program, allowing you to choose a gym and enjoy the discount and tax-advantage