Progress is hiring for a Technical Support Engineer II to join their busy team in Hyderabad, India. This role would be working directly with our What’s Up Gold product line.
Provides technical support to customers and other departments. Handles technical issues of low to moderate complexity with little to no supervision. Specialized in one area/product with good customer care skills. Knowledgeable about internal procedures, processes, and tools. Excellent team player and communicator with very good diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
In this role you will:
- Demonstrate ability to handle large number of cases efficiently and effectively.
- Communicate clearly and precisely with customers to determine expectations for resolutions and provides workarounds to product defects.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose customer issues of highest complexity involving 3rd party products using a variety of resources, including documentation, knowledge base, bug database, source code, and the world wide technical and field teams via Community forums.
- Run customer test cases when available, and develop test cases and examples as required to resolve problems, using methodical testing to isolate and identify problems.
- Manage difficult customers and customer expectations effectively and professionally
- Escalate issues to management or other team members
- Document product defects and feature requests clearly in the corresponding systems. Provide Engineering with clear and complete information, when engineering assistance is required, carrying out recommended diagnostic steps and gathering information as necessary.
- Demonstrate and apply good understanding of knowledge capturing principles (e.g. Create new knowledge resources and/or update the existing onesÂ - product demos, KB and technical articles, code libraries).
- Act as a source of knowledge and develop other team members by mentoring new hires and junior TSEs, providing constructive feedback on training needs, deliver knowledge in the form of presentations and technical documents. Actively participate in forums, respond to technical questions, share product knowledge with colleagues.
- Must be an organization champion by showing corporate interest, superior adaptability and independence as well as demonstrate mastery in approaching technical and procedural questions.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems with 6-9 year’s relevant product experience, or MS with 5-8 years relevant product experience, or equivalent experience or degree.
- Solid programming experience or knowledge of programming languages/technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills specific to software related issues.
- Excellent communication skills including effective listening skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and maintain attention to details
- Knowledge/experience with Windows, UNIX and Linux.
- Knowledge / experience with OpenEdge (ABL/4G)
- Knowledge/experience with databases.
- Knowledge/experience with Windows batch and Unix shell scripting.
- Knowledge/experience with SQL, ODBC and JDBC.
- Knowledge/experience with TCP protocol.
- Knowledge/experience developing applications in .NET, Java, or any object-oriented programming language
Shift Timings:- 12:30 pm IST to 9:30 pm IST
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!