Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want, and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress. And as a Senior Technical Instructional Designer/Technical Writer in Sofia, you can join us in doing what we do best: propelling business forward.
This job will start as a remote (work-from-home) one but come January 2022, given local conditions allow, is expected to transition into a hybrid role - dividing time between our Sofia office and working remotely.
CAPS is a Shared Services team that provides Engineering, DevOps, UX, documentation, videos, and customer-facing training. The CAPS team is essential to the success of Progress and our customers. We deliver the best-in-class solutions as an aligned, creative, effective and flexible team. And we make a difference because we work together to get the job done!
In this role you will be designing and developing technical user-facing content, including documentation, videos, tutorials, and/or courseware for one or a few of our Core A products. We would expect you to be passionate about creating highly interactive courseware that teaches technical end-users how to apply Progress technologies to be successful in their job and take pride in creating content that meets high-quality standards.
What you will do in this role:
- Partner with regional development teams to understand technical requirements; research and produce technical content (including, but not limited to documentation, videos, training courses)
- Drive customer success by creating role-based courses for technical audiences.
- Manage concurrent projects across several product lines and deliver projects on time with high quality.
- Help evolve tools and content development practices.
- Commit to growing your technical skills and helping others on your team grow theirs
- Follow our established information architecture to create content that can be reused across multiple user assistance assets.
- Be energized by working in a dynamic, global, Agile environment
- Lead scrum Agile ceremonies, and administer work for themselves and others in Jira/Azure DevOps and
- Lead content-related initiatives with predefined goals and success measurements
- Share their skills and knowledge by presenting topics of interest to their team members
- Be technically curious, with a desire to learn and apply new skills
To be successful, you’ll need:
- Extensive and proven technical content development experience (with samples available for review). Course development experience is highly preferred!
- Demonstrable experience with content editors is helpful (Congree or Acrolinx is preferred)
- Experience using Camtasia to produce user assistance videos.
- Superior written, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- A technical B.A./B.S. degree and/or advanced degree or certification in Technical Writing and/or Instructional Design or equivalent experience.
- Advanced understanding of cloud services, and/or Digital Experience platforms and/or Content Management Systems (CMS); experience with Progress technologies highly preferred would be considered an advantage.
If the above fits your experience and career goals, then we would be happy to hear from you!
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Vacation, Family and Health:
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones
Аnd even more perks:
- Flexible working hours and generous work-from-home allowance
- Free underground parking with a designated space for bikes and electric scooters
And most importantly a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!