We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Tax Manager in our Bedford MA location. Please note that due to our current office closure for pandemic, this role will start remotely but then transition into the Bedford headquarters once we reopen safely in the future (date TBD).JOB SUMMARY:
The Senior Tax Manager will report to the Tax Director and will directly manage two tax professionals. This position will be responsible for the preparation of the quarterly and annual tax provisions and related footnote disclosures, certain aspects of US and state income tax compliance including FDII, GILTI and BEAT calculations, and assisting the Tax Director with formulating and implementing tax planning strategies. Progress has extensive international operations and accordingly this role will require both knowledge and experience with international tax matters including transfer pricing. Progress is acquisitive and this role will require experience with M&A and purchase accounting. WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Preparation of quarterly tax provisions including calculation of FIN 18 rate and preparation of 10Q tax disclosures along with the tax impact of new accounting pronouncements
- Responsible for the roll up of the WW year-end tax provision and preparation of the rate reconciliation and 10K tax disclosures
- Update both the GAAP and non-GAAP tax rates and cash tax payments as new forecasts are prepared by FP&A
- Assist with the review of year end foreign tax provisions
- Prepare certain aspects of the of US and state income tax returns in coordination with the Tax Supervisor including E&P, GILTI, FDII and BEAT calculations as needed.
- Ownership of the transfer pricing process including calculations, agreements and coordination with foreign Finance team
- Work with foreign Finance team on tax items related to STAT audits and review of foreign tax returns calculations
- Work with legal, finance and outside counsel/advisors on legal entity rationalization projects
- Assist with tax issues associated with acquisitions in both the diligence and integration phase including related purchase accounting
- Liaise with business partners with respect to international tax issues and provide assistance with development and implementation of company-wide international planning initiatives
- Coordinate and manage international tax strategies with external tax advisors
- Oversee indirect taxes including sales tax and VAT
- Perform tax research on an as needed basis
- Travel to non-US locations to meet with finance personnel and with local tax advisors
- Tax experience in public accounting or equivalent job experience
- CPA with advance degree in accounting or taxation
- Broad technical knowledge of US Federal Tax, US International tax law, state and local tax and transfer pricing
- Solid GAAP Financial Accounting/ASC 740 knowledge and purchase accounting
- Strong communicator with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of corporate staff and management
- Ability to think independently, to understand and anticipate issues at stake, and to resolve those issues
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong sense of initiative and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to coach and develop staff
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!