We’re Progress – we provide the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join our Chef Product Group as a Solutions Architect/ Sales Engineer.
In our Chef Product Group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practices. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day to have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
About the role:
The Sales Engineer lives and works in the intersection between sales and engineering. You are able to articulate technology and product positioning at the executive, business, and technical levels. Sales Engineers are the primary technical support for the field sales force and are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. They are there to ensure success with all Chef customers and strategize with their sales counterparts to steer customers to a commercial relationship.
The position will be located in the UK, preferably London, and will work remotely and travel as needed.
- Delivering a great product demonstration which tells a story of how our software contributes value to our customer
- Representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Remains knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in enterprise computing, infrastructure, and cloud computing provider industries.
- Acts in conjunction with the sales team to help qualify sales opportunities and determine sales motions within an account.
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Able to travel throughout sales territory without restriction and frequently on short notice.
- Demonstrated experience & knowledge with, one or more, cloud platforms. This includes, but not limited to Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, GCP, or VMware.
- Practical knowledge of DevOps principles and practices
- CI/CD tooling experience a plus
- Recent hands-on experience in systems engineering/administration and/or software development.
- Understanding of configuration management tools and principles.
- Ability to work directly with customers and a commitment to their success.
- Demonstrably superb verbal communications skills, including a dynamic and engaging presentation style that inspires confidence.
- Experience and familiarity with Chef’s products a huge plus.
- Demonstrable track record of displacing complex or legacy software.
- Fun to do business with.
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!