We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Software Engineer for our MOVEit product group. This role will be done as a WFH/Remote role, though we need candidate to be either Central US or East Coast US due to team's location and time zones.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Participate in agile software development working closely with product owners and engineering peers within and across the scrum teams
- Design, develop and maintain high-quality secure file transfer software
- Work effectively within a cross-functional multi-site team
- Participate in planning, code reviews, design, test automation, and architecture discussions
- Champion software development best practices
- Work with Technical Support Engineers to analyze and resolve complex customer problems
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Solid development experience with C++ (preferred) or .NET
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or commensurate industry experience
- Experience following secure design and coding best practices in a Windows environment
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- ‘Blackbox’ debugging with Visual Studio or WinDbg
- Unit test development with CppUnit or NUnit
- Git experience
- CI/CD environment experience (Jenkins, Azure DevOps)
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!