About the Role
We are looking for an experienced developer to join our growing platform team. In this role you will be responsible for expanding Kinvey’s Identity and Access Management product. You will be responsible for owning Kinvey's Mobile Identity Connect product and experience. You will have the ability to expand the product to cover new authentication protocols, interact with new identity providers, and securely manage artifacts associated with these systems. You will also be responsible for guiding Kinvey's overall identity experience for mobile. In addition, we expect you to contribute to sprint planning, code reviews, mentoring other developers, and participating in architectural discussions. If you love diving deep into identity and authorization protocols, want to help create a next-generation identity solution for mobile, and are a confident technical leader, we want to hear from you!About You
You love challenges
Building a managed platform is hard. Data modeling, GC optimization, caching strategies, memory management, load balancing, and scheduling genuinely excite you.
You’re a team player
You are opinionated yet thrive in a collaborative environment; you bring your ideas and an open mind, not your ego, to brainstorming sessions. You enjoy providing technical advice to others.
You’re a good communicator
Whether it is in email, chat, voice, tickets, code comments, commit messages, remote or in person, you communicate well with other people.
- Knowledge of Web Service technologies: REST, JSON, SOAP, XML
- Solid understanding of API design for both RESTful and RPC style web services using a microservices architecture
- Understanding of one or more identity protocols such as SAML, OAuth, or OpenID Connect
- Familiarity with identity and access management concepts such as Single Sign-On, Identity Federation, Resource Provisioning, and Enterprise Directory Architecture
- Knowledge of key management techniques, encryption algorithms, and identity security
- Comfortable working with remote teams
- Building and maintaining public APIs
- Familiarity with some or all of our current stack - node.js, MongoDB, Redis
- Experience speaking and presenting to meetups, conferences, or via blogging.
- Contributor/owner of open source projects
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days’ vacation + an extra day off for your birthday
- Generous work-from home allowance
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite
- Kids' Center onsite
- And many other perks
Progress is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a versatile environment for all our employees.