Progress Software (NASDAQ: PRGS) is 20+ year strong software company headquartered in Bedford, MA. Our core product, OpenEdge is used to build, deploy, and protect mission critical business apps across any platform or mobile device. Over 55,000 organizations use our products to operate their businesses.
We are looking to add to our Database Development team that works on OpenEdge. The Database team is responsible for the internals of the database engine and server, the database management utilities, and interoperability with the OpenEdge language clients. You may work on major sub-systems of the database manager, server operations, status monitoring, or multi-threaded utilities, in functionality supporting availability, scalability, and disaster recovery.
The Impact You’ll Have:
- Work on identifying, creating, automating, and executing test suites and may also assist with ongoing development.
Influence software design to maximize testability and automation potential.
- Work side-by-side with developers and functional testers to create test specifications from user stories/requirements and transform selected tests
- Work with technical support on escalated customer cases, including reproducing the customer issue in house if required.
- Perform regression and performance testing before releases are shipped to customers.
- Create scripts for advanced tests and environments supporting OpenEdge products and its features.
- Enter any defects found in testing with a clear explanation of the problem and a way for the engineer to reproduce it.
What We Need From You:
- 2-4 years professional working experience with C or C++
- Experience in relational database coding in SQL and or JBDC
- Unix OS & shell scripting experience (python, C or bourne)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire to mentor others and learn.
- A BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Want to stand out?:
- Experience in relational databases, device driver design, OS development or network development preferred.
- Hands-on work with network testing, database/database server testing
- Experience with CI/TDD/BDD
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!