We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Engineer in Test for our OpenEdge Advanced Business Language (ABL), product group in our Bedford, MA location.JOB SUMMARY:
The OpenEdge Development team currently has an opening for a Senior Engineer in Test in our Language team. This team is responsible for the OpenEdge Advanced Business Language (ABL), a procedural and object-oriented programming language with built-in transaction and User Interface support that is tightly integrated with the OpenEdge database as well as numerous industry standard components.
The ideal candidate must want to work in a dynamic agile environment involving multiple technologies and be dedicated to getting the job done. WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Write code, that is the way we test our language, by using it
- Work side-by-side with developers and other testers to create test strategies and test plans from technical specifications and feature requirement documentation
- Influence software design to maximize usability, testability and automation potential by representing the ‘customer’ when testing a feature, suggest improvements when appropriate
- Create manual and automated tests
- Watch over a set of automated regression tests and triage them appropriately when there are failures
- Debug and analyze results of automated and manual tests
- Keep track of problems found while testing by logging defects in JIRA
- Solve complex technical issues while testing
- Perform regression and performance testing before releases are shipped to customers.
- Review technical specifications, test plans and customer facing documentation
- Lead the testing effort on your team
- Mentor and act as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Work in an agile team environment
- Participate in creating and sizing stories
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, including daily stand ups and sprint reviews
- Participate in Quality Guild representing your team
Any of the following experience is a plus:
- The successful candidate is used to wearing multiple hats, highly motivated, quality conscious with a strong attention to detail, and exhibits a history of achievement in their career to date.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science or equivalent
- Extensive experience in Quality Assurance
- Experience with test automation concepts and frameworks
- Experience writing code in any computer language
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable working on both Unix and Windows operating systems
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills
- Ability to learn new technologies independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude towards continuous improvement
- A passion for quality and delivering world class products
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Strong desire to mentor others
- Work independently, receiving minimal supervision
- Be willing to lend a hand with whatever is necessary to help the team succeed
- Working in an Agile development environment
- Working in a scaled agile development environment
- Experience working with JIRA
- Experience working with TeamCity
- Unix scripting language
- UTF automation tool
- MOB programming experience
- BDD and/or TDD testing knowledge
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!