We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Software Engineer in Test for our Corticon product group in our Bedford MA location.JOB SUMMARY:
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test you will develop processes for automated testing and create test cases to ensure we consistently deliver with high quality. We’re an agile team that emphasizes continuous improvement, you will help identify and implement processes to improve the effectiveness of the team. We strive for a great product experience for our customers, you will help deliver this with a focus on product quality and customer service.WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Develop and maintain test frameworks and methodologies
- Create detailed test plans for new product features
- Create automated test cases for new and modified product features
- Configure application servers and databases for testing
- Configure cloud services for testing
- Contribute to initiatives for “infrastructure on demand” for test environments
- Provide prompt validation of product patches
- Triage automated test results
- Contribute to quality metrics for continuous improvement
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Five plus years in Quality Assurance with emphasis on test automation
- Experience testing web and desktop applications
- Experience testing REST and SOAP services
- Ability to work independently, taking information from specifications and team members to transform it into effective test plans and automated test procedures
- Effective time management and task prioritization
- Experience in developing and tracking quality metrics
- The confidence to raise your voice if we’re falling short of our quality goals
- Proficiency with one or more unit test frameworks such as junit, mocha, or chai
- Proficiency with Git and source control management
- Basic knowledge of SQL, .NET, AWS, Azure and other cloud technologies
- Experience with Node, Kubernetes and/or Docker strongly desired
- Experience on Windows, Linux and cloud platforms
- Experience deploying one or more SQL databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Postgres…)
- Experience deploying one or more application servers (Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, …)
- Experience working in an agile team a plus
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!