About the Team: The Data Connectivity Products team builds DataDirect Connectors that provide high-performing JDBC, ODBC, ADO.NET and, OData data connectivity solutions for Relational, Big Data, and SaaS data sources. Analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of DataDirect products are also performed.
SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) will be responsible for the day to day testing of builds and major releases of DataDirect products through manual and automated test procedures. They will work closely with the Engineering Manager, Program Manager, Development Engineers, to develop test strategies, test plans and new tests for new and existing product features. Major responsibilities include:
- Developing, maintaining and expanding the automated tests
- Adding new tests for each new feature or bug fix.
- Tests automation will be written in C, C++, Java or.Net (C#).
- Test cases could be written in SQL, XQuery, etc. based on the product they are working on.
- Configuring applications to use the DataDirect ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET or ADO drivers
- Assisting support in reproducing customer’s issues
-This will also include daily triage of failed tests and creating reproducible test cases for development engineers.
-The team will be working on multiple platforms, which include Windows, UNIX, and Linux, and will be responsible for setup, configuration and testing of DataDirect products on all supported platforms.
Required Skills (Must Have) & Associated Number of Years of
- Degree/Major: B Tech/M Tech/MCA/other CS degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3.5 years experience in Quality Assurance and/or Software Development
- Experience with developing test automation framework, performance testing, and tuning.
- Knowledge, of the software development process, including Quality Assurance.
- Experienced in 1 or more programming language (C/C++, Java, .Net (C#)).
- Hands on experience on multiple OS like Windows, Unix, Linux, AIX etc.
- Hands on experience on Databases like Oracle, DB2, SQL Server.
- Ability to create Test Plans, estimate, schedule and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent communication skills - Ability to interface with engineers, architects and managers in order to accomplish objectives.
Desired Skills (Good to have)
- Knowledge of scripting language (VBScript/Perl/UNIX shell scripting)
- Experience with automated GUI testing.
- Experience with Internationalization testing.
- Understanding of Multi-platform issues for UNIX and Windows environments.
- Understanding of ODBC concepts and configuration of ODBC drivers on various platforms.
- Understating installation tools like InstallShield
Progress is proud to be an equal opportunity employer !!