We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Software Engineer in our Core A product group in our Hyderabad, India.
The Core A development team currently has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer in one of our newly created flex teams. These flex teams will be used to augment growth opportunities within our Portfolio of Products by working on a series of short term (3-6 month) engagements. Engineers should have a strong coding(C# .NET, ASP.NET, Java Script) foundation that they can use to bridge to other projects.
Team members that will be the most successful are those that are comfortable with ambiguity, love new challenges (and working outside their comfort zone), and want to build out/extend their portfolio of skills. Team members should be comfortable with blended roles (Development, QA, CI/CV/CD) and should look for ways to make their team better.
What you will do in this role:
- Learn how to learn and identify new tools/processes that will uplift our ability to execute
- Deliver on key committed features timely with high quality
- Mentor and be mentored by others in support of work that needs to be execute successfully
- Collaborate closely with your team to solve meaningful problems by reverse engineering complex code and applying targeted changes.
- Influence software design to maximize usability, testability and automation potential by representing the ‘customer’ when testing a feature, suggest improvements when appropriate
- Create manual and automated tests
- Perform regression and performance testing before releases are shipped to customers
- Review technical specifications, create test plans and customer facing documentation
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, including daily stand ups and sprint reviews
To be success-full we need someone who has:
The successful candidate is used to wearing multiple hats, highly motivated, quality conscious with a strong attention to detail, and exhibits a history of achievement in their career to date.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Software Development
- Experience writing code in C# .NET, ASP.NET, Java Script
- Experience Entity Framework, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- Comfortable working on both Unix and Windows operating systems
- Experience on CI/CD/DevOps technologies (like GitHub, Jenkins, Docker etc)
- Knowlegde on test automation concepts and frameworks
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills
- Thorough orientation towards Code reviews, Coding standards, Design Standards and Code Documentation
- Knowledge in design patterns
- Ability to learn new technologies independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude towards continuous improvement
- A passion for quality and delivering world class products
- Be willing to lend a hand with whatever is necessary to help the team succeed
- Good communication and cross group collaboration skills
- Ability to adapt and succeed in ambiguous and changing environments
- Any of the following experience is a plus:
- Working in experience in C++, Java is preferred
- Working in SNMP, WMI, SMIS
- Working in an Agile development environment
- MOB programming experience
- BDD and/or TDD testing knowledge
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy :
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave , Casual leave, Maternity leave , Paternity Leave.
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents ,personal accident insurance coverage,Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga , Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!