We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Software Engineer for our WhatsUpGold line in our Alpharetta GA location.JOB SUMMARY;
WhatsUp Gold allows users to monitor their networks and applications and alert them on any problems that arise. It has integrated mapping and dashboarding, allowing users to get a customized view of their infrastructure. The product is used primarily by system administrators, network administrators, and IT directors. As a Senior Software Developer in the network management team, you will design, develop and deliver new network monitoring capabilities for WhatsUp Gold that enable our users to be successful in their job of keeping an eye on their network.WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Design and develop high-quality secure server applications, services, and APIs in the Network Management domain
- Work effectively within a cross-functional multi-site team
- Define, develop and test production-ready features
- Participate in planning, design, architecture and code reviews
- Champion C#, .NET development best practices
- Work with technical services to support released products and features
The following would be an advantage:
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or relevant hands-on programming experience
- Solid experience with C# and .NET
- Experience in writing multi-threaded applications
- Experience in using Microsoft SQL Server
- Proven ability to use test-driven development practices
- Passion for writing optimized, high performance and memory efficient code
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving and debugging skills
- Eagerness to learn and improve
- Experience in network management protocols (SNMP, WMI, SMI-S)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or AWS SDK
- Experience in ELK stack (ElasticSearch, Beats, LogStash, Kibana)
- Go and gRPC development experience
- Familiarity with multi-platform development (MacOS, Linux)
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!