We’re Progress – we provide the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join our Chef Product Group as a Senior Services Consultant/Services Architect.
In our Chef Product Group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practices. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day to have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
About the job:
In this role, you will drive the adoption of products and practices which enable customers’ business and operational transformation to an agile IT management framework. You will provide technical and business expertise with DevOps, Cloud Native, and infrastructure for customers and representing the company online or at conferences. You will work with the Solutions Engineering Team to complete customer projects, including installations, assessments, migrations, consultations, and training.
- Provide engineering and consulting services for use of Chef’s business operations and DevOps product line, including remote and on-site customer installations, training, cookbook development and usage, and development of custom code for customer migration or implementation. provide training to business customers and consulting on Chef product line which focuses on IT DevOps automation, configuration management, and continuous delivery, security and evaluates the effectiveness of training using feedback and testing to continually improve the systems used.
- Delivers customers’ technical to the Product Team and influences the product roadmap.
- Works with cross-functional teams to develop specific architectures or other Chef product line use cases to further build out the body of knowledge in the Chef open source community.
- Develop and deliver live and online presentations for current and prospective customers on advantages of Chef DevOps product line, tailored towards the audience (i.e., small or large organizations; audiences at technology conferences or trade shows, etc.).,
- Remain up-to-date on changes and developments in enterprise computing infrastructure and cloud computing provider industries.
- Collaborate with internal team (i.e., marketing, support, and sales) to provide technical training to ensure that training is effective, using feedback and testing to continually improve the systems used.
- Delivers customer feedback to the Product Team, thereby influencing the product roadmap.
- Works within the Solutions Engineering team in the development of specific cookbooks or other Chef use cases to further build out the body of Chef knowledge in the Community.
- Develops and delivers excellent presentations on what Chef products can do, tailoring such presentations toward specific individuals; small or large organizations; or audiences at technology conferences or trade shows.
- Presentations may be live or online, and the PS Consultant articulates, with customers or potential customers, the advantages of system automation and the specific Chef advantage.
- Remains knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in enterprise computing infrastructure and cloud computing provider industries.
- Periodically collaborates with other Chef teams such as marketing, support, and sales to provide technical assistance and content where applicable.
- Documents services provided to customers, including new code, techniques, and processes, in such a way as to make such services more efficient in the future and to add to the Chef Community. Works with the Engineering and Customer Success teams to supply documentation for Chef products.
- Uses social networks, online and otherwise, in a creative, significant way to reach a large audience of users and build our community.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in systems engineering/administration or software development.
- At least 2 years in the design and implementation of Chef solutions.
- Experience in design and implementation of DevOps and automated configuration management tools and principles.
- Experience as a consultant or in professional services is preferred.
- Ability to work directly with customers, and with a commitment to their success.
- Demonstrably superb verbal communications skills, including a compelling and engaging presentation style that exudes confidence — significant training experience a huge plus.
- Experience in dynamic / scripting programming languages and Infrastructure Automation tools.
- Experience in training others in complex tasks and skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 80%.
- Existing involvement in the Chef community is a bonus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a similar field/experience.