We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Services Consultant/Architect for our Chef product group working out of your home office in the United States.JOB SUMMARY:
The Professional Services (PS) Consultant helps drive adoption of Chef products and practices, and enables our customers’ transformation to more agile IT. They are a highly experienced practitioner in the area of DevOps, infrastructure and application automation solutions. Not only are they a Chef domain practitioner, but also a change agent to help customers get better in DevOps, Cloud Native, and effortless infrastructure. They frequently act as the face of Chef, whether in online communities, with customers, or at conferences and online gatherings. The PS Consultant’s leading duty is the completion of both on-site and remote customer projects, including installations, assessments, migrations, consultations, and trainings. As such, the position involves frequent travel.WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Provides engineering and consulting services in the use of Chef’s products, such as on-site customer installations, Chef training, cookbook development and usage, and development of custom code for customer migration or implementation.
- Trains groups and individuals on how to use Chef products for IT automation, configuration management, and continuous delivery, and evaluates such
- Delivers customer feedback to the Product Team, thereby influencing the product roadmap.
- Works within the Solutions Engineering team in the development of specific cookbooks or other Chef use cases to further build out the body of Chef knowledge in the Community.
- Develops and delivers excellent presentations on what Chef products can do, tailoring such presentations toward specific individuals; small or large organizations; or audiences at technology conferences or trade shows. Presentations may be live or online, and the PS Consultant articulates, with customers or potential customers, the advantages of system automation and the specific Chef advantage.
- Remains knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in enterprise computing infrastructure and cloud computing provider industries.
- Periodically collaborates with other Chef teams such as marketing, support, and sales to provide technical assistance and content where applicable.
- Documents services provided to customers, including new code, techniques and processes, in such a way as to make such services more efficient in the future and to add to the Chef Community. Works with the Engineering and Customer Success teams to supply documentation for Chef products.
- Uses social networks, online and otherwise, in a creative, significant way to reach a large audience of users and build the our community.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of demonstrated experience in systems engineering/administration or software development.
- At least 2 years in design and implementation of Chef solutions.
- Experience in design and implementation of DevOps and automated configuration management tools and principles.
- Experience as a consultant or in professional services is preferred.
- Ability to work directly with customers, and with a commitment to their success.
- Demonstrably superb verbal communications skills, including a compelling and engaging presentation style that exudes confidence — significant training experience a huge plus.
- Experience in dynamic / scripting programming languages, specifically Ruby and Infrastructure Automation tools.
- Experience in training others in complex tasks and skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 80% (once safe to do such).
- Existing involvement in the Chef community is a bonus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a similar field/experience.
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!